Friday, February 24, 2023

Media Portfolio #8

 For today's post Mrs Stoklosa organized us into groups of five, to discuss our ideas and share our film opening plots with each other. She did this so that we could obtain a different perspective on our story ideas, and so that we could explore any possible alternative ideas that others in our group have to offer. This was a very interesting exercise for me, as it completely changed my story line and idea. After discussing my idea with Tai, Josh, and Mariana (The members of my evaluation group) they suggested that I alter the training story line to better portray/narrow the focus on to one main character or one athlete. They suggested this as they said my original idea was way to similar to the training scene that occurs in Creed 2. They suggested that I show one athlete training for a fight in order to earn money for his child who is sick with cancer and is in the hospital. This both displays a meaningful message and is significantly different from any other movie training scene

They suggested that I show a reason as to why the fighter is training so hard, giving him a motive to win his next fight. They also said that I can film the training more effectively if I only focus on one athlete instead of both. I thought that this advice was really impactful and I plan on altering my plot to address their concerns. Additionally, we discussed changing the name of my main fighter to better match his physical appearance. 

We then talked about Joshes post, and recommended that he display his social message of gun violence more clearly, and specifically. His idea was to show a player getting drafted into the NBA, and then flashing back to a tragic moment (a shooting) that injured him in his past, and showing how he overcame that injury. Tai's idea was very interesting and it was more of a psychological thriller. The plot was very cool and they said that it would take place in an art studio which sounds really interesting to me.

Overall I would say that the meeting was very productive, and I really gained a new insightful perspective on how to better improve my film plot. I plan on talking to my partner over this week on how we can incorporate these ideas into our planning, and final production. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

CCR questions 1 and 2: https://youtu.be/AdSD773ccBw   CCR questions 3 and 4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u1FEmtF7pZTFH8dzGxavQ1QXRb3py...