Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Media Portfolio Blog # 16

 For today's post my partner and I did a few different things. For starters, we began by triple checking to see if our song was copyrighted. We did this in two different ways to ensure that the song was okay for us to use. The song is called Runnin, by ASAP Rocky. In order to check if we were allowed to have it play in our film opening the first thing that I did was ask the person who uploaded the song, if it was ok to use it for a school project. I did this through the comment section where I simply typed out my question and received his response. The person said that it is okay to use if it is for a school project.

However, I was not entirely sure that he was right, so I decided to test it out myself. I downloaded the sound track and uploaded a video with the sound attached, to see if YouTube would take down the video. YouTube's copyright protection service stated that there was copyrighted content found but the owner of the song allows the content to be used on YouTube.

 


With regards to our filming dates (which have been delayed multiple times), we plan on officially recording this week on either Friday or Saturday (March 17 & 18). This is a strict deadline, and we will record on either of the two dates. I have contacted our actor, and ensured that his schedule is clear for the given times, and that my partner and I are also available. I am super excited to finally get this project started, especially since we have prepared and plotted out each scene very carefully, and in complete detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

CCR questions 1 and 2: https://youtu.be/AdSD773ccBw   CCR questions 3 and 4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u1FEmtF7pZTFH8dzGxavQ1QXRb3py...