Saturday, March 25, 2023

Media Portfolio Blog # 20

For today's post I am going to be talking about our second day of filming. This day was much lighter as we only really filmed the scene of me doing push ups, and lifting weights in the sand. We decided to film in the basketball/volleyball area in Weston regional park. We also decided to shoot right before the sun set, so we could get the arising, glowing lighting that we so desired. We thought this setting would match our production perfectly as it also kind of shows the awakening of our fighter as he first starts to exercise. Moreover, we thought that the background combined with the lighting would make the scene look really cool. 

 

The first exercise that we decided to film at the park was a variety of different shots of me doing push ups. First, I did elevated push ups on a park bench. The sunlight hit the side of my face as I was doing the push ups which also made the shot look really cool. We decided to make the shot a long shot to show my full action, and range of motion as I performed the series of exercises. We decided to have two push up variations as both are very common for boxers to perform while training. The primary technique for both of these shots was hand-held as we wanted our audience to experience a sense realism and also immerse them in the rigor, and intense/shaky nature of boxing training. I made sure that my form for both sets of push ups was good, and that for the elevated push up we shot it using a loose zoom, to also show elements of the background, and keep the audience distant from our character for the less intense workouts.




Next we filmed me doing explosive lunges in the sand pit of the volleyball court. Explosive lunges are a less common boxing training technique that is used, but many coaches say that their athletes do them anyways as a form of hamstring, and hip rotation strengthening exercise. Again, for this shot we used the handheld technique along with a small pan that followed me as I moved across the pit. Furthermore, I really think that the palm tree, kind of beach setting with everyone playing volleyball in the background adds a nice Miami beach training vibe, which is where many professional boxers, and other athletes go to train during their off season.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

CCR questions 1 and 2: https://youtu.be/AdSD773ccBw   CCR questions 3 and 4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u1FEmtF7pZTFH8dzGxavQ1QXRb3py...